Countries: Uganda, South Sudan, Ethiopia and Djibouti
Project: Transport Facilitation and Road Upgrading Studies of the Kampala-Juba-Addis Ababa- Djibouti Corridor
PROJECT ID NO: P-Z1-DBO-108
GRANT NO: 5150155001051
Ref. No. : ECSD/IGAD/001/2015
This invitation for expression of interest follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in the UNDB website on 17th March 2014.
The Inter-Governmental Authority on Development (IGAD) has received a grant from the African Development Bank, NEPAD Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility (NEPAD-IPPF) to finance the Transport Facilitation and Road Upgrading Studies of the Kampala – Juba – Addis Ababa – Djibouti Corridor. Part of the grant is intended to cover the Consultancy Services for Trade and Transport Facilitation Study which comprises (i) trade and transport facilitation study for the Kampala – Juba – Addis Ababa – Djibouti Road Corridor, (ii) feasibility studies, architectural and detailed engineering design and preparation of bidding documents for one stop border posts at the South Sudan – Ethiopia border and Ethiopia – Djibouti border.
The scope of services included under this project among others are:
• Conducting feasibility study;
• Preparation of architectural and detailed engineering design;
• Preparation of tender documents
• Analysis of both national and regional policies governing cross border trade in goods, services and movement of persons along the Kampala-Juba-Addis Ababa-Djibouti corridor;
• Analysis of both national and regional level legal and regulatory frameworks and how these impinge on cross-border trade in goods, services and movement of persons;
• Based on the analysis of both national and regional level legal and regulatory frameworks, recommend the appropriate legal framework for the operation of the cross-border trade and
• Assess and review the current processes, procedures, work ethics and timeliness of service delivery at the border points along the Kampala-Juba-Addis Ababa-Djibouti corridor and make
recommendations of how the OSBPs to be established improve cross-border trade and
IGAD now invites eligible Consulting firms with the requisite experience to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consulting firms must provide evidence indicating that they have experiences and qualified experts to perform the services as follows:
• Trade and transport facilitation study
• Preparation of legal and regulatory frameworks for cross-border trade and OSBPs
• Feasibility study and infrastructure design;
• Architectural and Engineering Contracting procedures including tender document preparation, costing and Contract Administration, and Supervision;
• Working experience in developing countries; and
• Technical and managerial capacity of the firm. (Provide only the structure of the organization, general qualifications and number of key staff and their area of specialization.
Do not provide CV of staff.)
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications. The nature of association, whether it is a joint venture or a sub consultancy, should be clearly stated. In case of a joint venture the firm leading the joint venture MUST be mentioned.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants” [May 2008 edition and revised in July 2012], which is available on the Bank’s website at https://www.afdb.org. IGAD is under no obligation to shortlist any Consulting firm who expresses interest.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours (Sunday to Thursday, from 07.00 to 14.30 hrs, East Africa Time (GMT+3, excluding public holidays).
Expression of interest should be clearly marked with the following statements
“Expression of Interest for Consultancy Services for preparation of Trade and Transport Facilitation Study of the Kampala – Juba – Addis Ababa – Djibouti Corridor” and must be delivered to the address below on or before 30th June 2015, 14.30hrs (East African time; GMT + 3 hours).
Economic Cooperation and Social Development Division
Inter-Governmental Authority on Development (IGAD) Avenue George Clemenceau
P.O. Box 2653 Djibouti,
Republic of Djibouti
Copy to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org