REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
CONSULTANCY SERVICE of DEVELOPMENT OF COMMUNICATION STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES (SOPs) manual
The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) is a regional economic bloc operating in eight countries namely: Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, and Uganda.
IGAD’s vision is to be the premier regional organization for achieving peace, prosperity and regional integration in the IGAD region.
IGAD’s aims and objectives include not limited to ;
- Promote joint development strategies and gradually harmonize macro-economic policies and programs in the social, technological and scientific fields;
- Harmonize policies with regard to trade, customs, transport, communications, agriculture, and natural resources and environment, and promote free movement of goods, services, and people within the region.
- Create an enabling environment for foreign, cross-border and domestic trade and investment;
- Initiate and promote programs and projects to achieve regional food security and sustainable development of natural resources and environmental protection, and encourage and assist efforts of Member States to collectively combat drought and other natural and man-made disasters and their consequences;
- Develop and improve a coordinated and complementary infrastructure, in the areas of transport, telecommunications and energy in the region;
- Promote peace and stability in the region and create mechanisms within the region for the prevention, management and resolution of inter-State and intra-State conflicts through dialogue.
IGAD have received a finance from JFA and intend to use apart of the finance for the above mentioned consultancy service, therefore invite eligible individual consultants to apply.
THE OJECTIVES OF THE ASSINGMENT
The objective is to develop and formalize a Standard Operating Procedures/Protocols (SOPs) for all Communication related activities from the day-to-day routine work to the policy level clearance paths.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
Education: A post-graduate or equivalent qualification/ degree in communication/public information/journalism or any other relevant discipline.
At least 5 years of prior work experience in dealing with communication/public information management/journalism especially in the regional and international context.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in undertaking research especially in the area of
Communication/public information/knowledge management.
- Demonstrated experiences and skills in facilitating stakeholder/working group consultations.
- Relevant regional and international experience will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing SOPs especially in the area of Communication/public information/knowledge management.
The project seeks to identify an expert that fulfil the above criteria and have demonstrated ability of involving key stakeholders (IGAD Staff, Member States, and Implementing Partners) to provide relevant expertise and bring a wider perspective in developing the SOP.
Languages: The candidate for this assignment needs to be fluent in English and have excellent drafting skills.
DURATION OF THE ASSINGMENT
The duration of contract shall be for a maximum of thirty (30) cumulative working days within a period which stretches over a maximum period of 9 weeks from start of consultancy date.
The consultant will work closely with the Communication Officer and will from time to time submit and share the progress of activities as agreed.
IGAD Secretariat now invites eligible Individual Consultants with the requisite experience to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance to IGAD Procurement Manual 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Consultants must submit their expression of interest (updated CV and non-returnable educational and work experience credentials with a cover letter) to the address below in person, or by mail or by email no later than 2:00 pm local time on 18th July 2018. Our address is:
Administration and Finance
Avenue Georges Clemenceau
Copy to: email@example.com
P.O. Box 2653,
Djibouti, Republic of Djibouti
Women applicants are encouraged.