Short – Term – Regional Emergency Response Project (STRERP) – Somalia Component.
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO UNDERTAKE THE SINGLE AND FINAL FINANCIAL AUDIT OF STRERP SOMALIA PROJECT FOR THE PERIOD FROM INCEPTION OF THE PROJECT TO PROJECT CLOSING DATE, 31ST JULY 2017 AND ENDING 30TH SEPTEMBER 2021.
Sector : Agriculture and Water Resources/Humanitarian Assitance
Grant No.: ADF2100155035220 & TSF 5900155012251
Project ID: P – Z1 – AA0 – 120
Package Number: C/IGAD/01/21
- The Federal Government of Somalia) has received a grant from the African Development Bank Group towards the cost of the Short – Term – Regional Emergency Response Project (STRERP) – Somalia Component.
- The specific objective of STRERP is to provide emergency food assistance and medical supplies to the most vulnerable populations in some parts of Somalia , as well as to put in place the preliminary building blocks to strengthen links between the production, distribution and consumption hubs of the food systems in the affected regions, leading to increased system-wide efficiency and longer-term resilience.
- Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) Secretariat, located in Djibouti, is a Third Party Executing Agency, responsible to facilitate and manage fiduciary functions of the project. Save the Children International, Somalia program is an Implementing Agency and executes activities of the project in South, South West regions, Puntland and Somaliland.
- Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) as an Executing Agency is planning to hire competent Auditing firm to undertake the single and final financial audit of STRERP Somalia project for the period from inception of the project to project closing date, 31 July 2017 and ending 30th September 2021.
- Summary of the services to be provided under the contract include, but not limited to, the following;
- To provide reasonable assurance as to whether the financial statements as a whole are free from material misstatement, whether due to fraud or error. The conduct of an audit allows the auditor to express an opinion on whether the financial statements are prepared in all material respects, in accordance with an applicable financial reporting framework.
- To provide reasonable assurance that the project books of accounts provide the basis for preparation of the Project Financial Statements (PFSs) by the Project/Program Implementing Agency (IA) and are established to reflect the financial transactions in respect of the project and that the PIU maintained adequate internal controls and supporting documentation for transactions.
- To enable the auditors to express an independent professional opinion on the financial position of the Project, to assure that the Project funds have been used for their intended purposes and in accordance with the provisions of the Grant Agreement(s).
- To obtain reasonable assurance about the achievement of project/program objectives by matching project/programs physical outputs and achievements to funds disbursed and the timing of the flows. The project/program technical report provides sufficient information and data to enable users to fully appreciate project/program achievements; and
- To report on the financial statements and communicate as required by auditing standards in accordance with the auditor’s findings.
- The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may constitute joint ventures to enhance their chances of qualification.
- Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Procurement Framework dated 1st January 2016” which is available on the Bank’s website at https://www.afdb.org.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from Sunday to Thursday 7:30 AM to 2:30 PM East African
- Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by 16, July 2021 at 2:00 PM East African time and mention “ Expression of Interest for Consultancy services to undertake the single and final financial audit of STRERP Somalia project for the period from inception of the project to project closing date, 31 July 2017 and ending 30th September 2021.”
Attn: Qamar Osman Ibrahim
Ave Georges Clmenceau, Djibouti
P.O. Box : 2653, Republic of Djibouti,
E- mail: Qamar.Ibrahim@igad.int