Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD)
RFP Number: IGAD/RFP/03/2019
The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) whose members are Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan and Uganda was established in 1986, in response to the recurrent droughts of 1970s and 1980s. In 1996, the mandate of IGAD was expanded to encompass food security and environmental protection; economic co-operation and political and humanitarian affairs. The intention of the expanded mandate of the organization was to act as a vehicle through which the sub-region’s resources and energies would be collectively mobilized and channelled to address robust and sustainable socio-economic development.
To provide comprehensive staff medical and health insurance cover to Inter-Governmental Authority on Development employees and their eligible dependents.
IGAD’s Head Quarter is in Djibouti and having satellite offices in member states totally having around 230 number of staff & eligible dependents.
IGAD has arranged Group Medical Insurance benefits to its staff which provides a Medical Scheme as stated under Article 59-60 of its Service Regulation of 2004. In these articles it is stated that all categories of staff and their eligible family members shall be provided with Group medical Insurance Policy cover against hospitalization, illness and others as stated on the ToR attached in the tender document:
- The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) now invites eligible and qualified Insurance Companies/Agencies providing staff medical Insurance as per the tender document attached.
- Bidding will be conducted through the Selection, Evaluation and Award Criteria of IGAD Procurement Manual January 2017 edition, and is open to all Eligible insurance companies.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents in English language is as attached to this Request for Proposal (RFP) for Consultancy Service.
- The bids must be submitted in two separately sealed envelopes. One envelope should contain the technical proposal and clearly marked ‘Technical Proposal’. The other should contain the financial proposal and clearly marked ‘Financial Proposal’.
- The Technical and Financial proposals shall be sealed separately and sent /submitted to IGAD Secretariat Procurement Unit to address given below. Late bids will be rejected.
- The deadline for submitting the offers will be at or before 2:00pm on 12th October 2019 and address for submitting the offer will be:
Administration and Finance, IGAD Secretariat
Avenue Georges Clemenceau
P.O. Box 2653
Djibouti, Rep. of Djibouti
Any request for clarification should be addressed to the following E-mail address: