Country: Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD)
Name of Project: IGAD Integration Support Programme (IISuP)
Consulting Services: CONSULTANCY SERVICE TO FACILITATE DEVELOPMENT OF WAREHOUSE RECEIPT SYSTEM.
Grant No.: 310
Expression of Interest: REOI/IGAD/IISuP/02/15
The Inter-Governmental Authority on Development (IGAD) is seeking applications from individual consultants to provide consultancy services on enhancing IGAD’s role in the development of Warehouse Receipts Systems (WRS) and related commodity exchange platforms in the IGAD region. This consultancy is one of the capacity building initiatives for IGAD’s division of Economic Cooperation and Social Development. It is being implemented with funding support from the African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF) under Component 2 (Research and Dissemination) of the project, which is aimed at contributing towards achieving a Free Trade Area (FTA) in the IGAD region.
The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) has received a grant from the African Capacity Building Foundation (the ACBF.) in an amount equivalent to USD 1,000,000.00 (One Million USD) towards the cost of IGAD Integration Support Programme (IISuP) and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this grant to eligible payments under the contract for Consultancy Services to facilitate the development of ware house receipt system.
Objectives of the assignment
The overall aim of the assignment is to establish strategies and modalities for developing well-coordinated warehouse receipts systems to facilitate the flow of commodities and the related investments between IGAD member states.
The specific objectives are:
1) To establish the viability of warehouse receipts systems among IGAD member states with reference to agro-commodities that can be traded across the IGAD region.
2) To establish strategies for addressing legal and policy gaps and discrepancies pertaining to establishment of WRS and related systems for boosting intra-IGAD commodity trade.
3) To establish modalities for providing necessary linkages between WRS and commodity exchanges of IGAD member states, in view of establishing a common platform for regional commodity exchange.
The Intergovernmental Authority on Development, IGAD, now invites eligible and qualified Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Individual Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services giving a description of similar assignments undertaken.
The Consultant is expected to have the following minimum qualification and experience:
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree in International Development, Trade, Business, Entrepreneurship or Economics.
- Proficiency in English and/or French
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
General professional experience:
- Minimum of 7 years experience dealing with African Development imperatives as articulated in the Abuja Treaty, AU Constitutive Act and Sirte Declaration; as well as the inner workings of African institutions and the interplay between Member States, AU, the RECs and other comparable intergovernmental bodies regionally and globally.
- Minimum of 7years dealing with the African Integration Agenda and the role of RECs as building blocks
Specific professional experience
- At least 7 years’ experience of Economic Policy, Research and Management, especially at continental level with RECs and the AUC
- At least 5 years Experience at developing Resource Mobilization and Integration Funding Arrangements at REC and continental level.
- Over 10 years experience in LDC countries especially those in conflict or post conflict situation
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience of the systems of the African RECs and the AUC.
An Individual Consultant will be selected in accordance with the selection based on the individual Consultants Qualification set out in the African Capacity Building Foundation’s Procurement Guidelines for Grant Recipients (July 2011) which can be downloaded from the ACBF website: www.acbf-pact.org.
Expression of Interest clearly marked “Expression of Interest” together with updated CVs, for Consultancy services to facilitate the development of Ware House Receipt system and can be submitted through email using the following address below on or before 2:00pm local time on 01 February 2016.
Administration and Finance, IGAD Secretariat
Avenue Georges Clemenceau
P.O. Box 2653
Tel: +253-21354050 /21312737
Or by email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Copy to: Email: email@example.com
Djibouti, Rep. of Djibouti