May 29, 2021: (ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia): The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) yesterday concluded the regional dialogue on the COVID-19 Response Mechanism application and the validation workshop of the continuation request on the multi country TB intervention among refugees in the region.
The four-day two meetings were on the priorities for the COVID 19 Response Mechanism application and the current TB grant Interventions that will be maintained in the continuation request to the Global Fund.
The participating organisations and entities were the Country Coordinating Mechanism Committees, officials from member states’ Ministries of Health, the COVID-19 Coordinating Authorities and the Refugee Commissions of Member states. They were joined by the Global Fund Grant sub recipients: the Administration for Refugee and Returnee Affairs of Ethiopia, the Kenya Red Cross Society and the UNHCR. In the consultations meeting, representatives of refugee communities did participate in.
The objectives of the dialogue were to:
- Identify the priorities for the COVID-19 Response Mechanism application through broader engagement with stakeholders, Country Coordinating Mechanisms (CCMs) of member states and refugee communities;
- Discuss and agree on TB interventions in the current grant by the Global Fund to be maintained in the continuation request;
- Validate the continuation request through having regional consultations with the involvement of CCM, Sub recipients and key stakeholders;
- Facilitate the process of endorsement of the proposal by each country CCMs.
By the end of the two meetings, the participants:
- Agreed on the priorities for the COVID-19 Response Mechanism application;
- Identified current grant interventions that will be maintained in the continuation request;
- Validated the continuation request.