TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
You grant Sponsor and/or Administrator and any related affiliates or agents, the non-exclusive, unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, and royalty-free right, licence, privilege, and permission to record, copy, adapt, film, capture, use, licence, transmit, broadcast, exhibit, project, publish, circulate, display, or otherwise exploit, any and all renderings of Participant’s Submission, name (including any and all nicknames, related names, and aliases), characters, biographies, artist’s portrayal of characters, voice, image, likeness, visual representations, any and all attributes of Participant’s personality, and/or any and all of Participant’s acts, poses, actions, and appearances (collectively, “Name and Likeness”), and any ancillary use or derivative works on or in connection with any film, audio tape, video tape, audio-visual work, sound recordings, photograph, illustration, animation, broadcast, any derivative works or versions thereof in any media or embodiment now known or hereafter developed, throughout the world the way Sponsor and/or Administrator deems fit without any consideration or prior notice.
By making a submission, you agree to communicate for the purpose of the Competition with Sponsor and/or Administrator electronically. Through your Submission, you (i) agree that your consent to these Rules is a binding form of your electronic signature and (ii) represent that you have Internet access and a valid social media account and email address enabling you access to information pertaining to the Competition and to receive communications and documents electronically. Your consent is effective unless and until you withdraw it in writing to Igadawards@igad.int
Right to Cancel, Modify, or Disqualify:
If for any reason the Submission or Competition or any portion of either is not capable of running as planned due to technical or administrative problems, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond Sponsor’s or Administrator’s reasonable control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Competition, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition or any portion of either.
Limitation Of Liability:
IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR OR ANY RELATED AFFILIATES, CLIENTS, PERSONNEL, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS, OR PRINCIPALS (PARTNERS, SHAREHOLDERS OR HOLDERS OF AN OWNERSHIP INTEREST, AS THE CASE MAY BE) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF PROFITS, INCURRED BY PARTICIPANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY OR IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITIES OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING FROM THE SURVEY, THE COMPETITION PRIZES OR USE OF A COMPETITION PRIZE, EVEN IF SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Sponsor and/or Administrator is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible, unintelligible, damaged, altered, counterfeit, obtained through fraud, late, or misdirected Submission entries, which will be disqualified; (ii) failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions; (iii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to electronic malfunctioning of any network; or (iv) any technical, computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or intervention, error, omission, interruption, detection, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the web site or otherwise whether caused by web site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition. Sponsor and/or Administrator reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any application not in compliance with these Rules.
Participants agree that Sponsor and/or Administrator shall have no liability for unsuccessful efforts to notify any potential Competition Winner, or for any injuries, losses, or damages by reason of the Participant’s participation in the Competition.
By participating in the Competition, Participant acknowledges that they have read and accepted this privacy statement and the terms and conditions outlined here. Participants agree that personal data including, but not limited to, name, mailing address, phone number, and email address (“Personal Data”) may be:
- collected, processed, stored and otherwise used by the Sponsor and/or Administrator, or any party authorized by them for the purposes of conducting and administering the Competition or the Prize(s), including Sponsor affiliates.
- used by Sponsor or any party authorized by them, including Sponsor affiliates, to verify a Participant’s identity, postal address and telephone number in the event a Participant qualifies for any applicable Prizes as well as to deliver the applicable Competition Prize(s).
- used to fulfill additional terms of the Competition or to contact a Participant in response to any question submitted by such Participant.
- shared by the Sponsor or any party authorized to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on Sponsor, and to protect and defend Sponsor’s rights or property.
- Winners’ entries and names may be published online;
- Your personal data will remain in IGAD database until the results of the competition have been published and usefully exploited. Personal data will be deleted, at the latest, seven (7) years after the last action in relation to the competition (last action should be in February 2029).
- The collected personal data and all information related to the evaluation/study will be erased by DPO at the latest six months after the end of the contract.
- Participants have a right of access, verify which personal data is stored, have it modified, corrected or deleted. You may withdraw your consent to electronic communication and delivery of documents, update your contact information, or request a free paper copy of these Rules at any time by contacting us as set forth in these Rules. We will send you a confirmation notice once we have processed your change request.
- Participants who request that their details be deleted or withdraw consent during the course of the Competition accept that this will automatically terminate their participation in the Competition, since they cannot be included in the list of participants without their details being recorded.
- To exercise such rights, Participants may send a request to: email@example.com