- Background and Context
With the financial support of EU, The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) has developed a 5-year Blue Economy strategy (2021 – 2025) and Implementation Plan (BESIP), aligned with Africa’s Blue Economy strategy. The vision of IGAD’s Blue Economy strategy is to develop an inclusive and sustainable Blue Economy that significantly contributes to the Horn of Africa’s transformation. Three main principles that underpin the implementation of the Blue Economy are the circular economy; good governance and environmental and social sustainability. The IGAD Blue Economy Strategy and Implementation Plan intend to structure the Blue Economy implementation at both national and regional levels while increasing cooperation and regional integration, and strengthening support to the member states to effectively translate policies into concrete actions. It will also contribute to the effective implementation of the Africa Blue Economy Strategy (and its up-coming Action Plan). More specifically, the IGAD Blue Economy Strategy aims to:
- improve the implementation of the BE in all IGAD members States;
- contribute to the implementation of the Africa Blue Economy Strategy;
- develop strong harmonizing regional BE initiatives;
- increase cooperation and regional integration by using the BE as a catalyst to stimulate a converging dynamic of interests and efforts.
At the level of the IGAD member states, almost all of them have started to engage themselves in the development process of the Blue Economy. Although a comprehensive database on the Blue Economy governance status in the IGAD Member States is lacking, currently these countries are more or less at an early stage of development in the elaboration of strategies and action plans as well as in the implementation of the BE. Overall, none of them, except Kenya, have completed national consultations, preceding the development of a Blue Economy policy and/or strategy. Thus, the process of implementing Blue Economy remains broadly nascent in the IGAD Member States apart from the actions and initiatives carried out in a sectoral framework (fisheries, ports, tourism, etc.).
The strategy was adopted on April 1, 2022 in Addis Ababa with the presence of all Ministers from MS.
IGAD has signed a project (enhancing blue economy in the IGAD coastal member states for biodiversity conservations and livelihood diversification) aimed at promoting Blue Economy with funding from Sweden. This project has an activity to publish and disseminate the strategy
In this regard, IGAD wishes to hire services of a consulting firm to format, graphic design and print copies of the strategy document
The overall objective of this assignment is to assist the IGAD Agriculture and Environment Division in the graphic design and printing of the following documents:
- IGAD Regional Blue Economy Strategy and Implementation Plan 2021 – 2025
(42 pages); English
- Stratégie régionale et plan d’action quinquennal pour l’économie bleue
2021 2025 (47 pages); French
The scope of the assignment will therefore be:
- Design and layout of the document for printing hard copies and electronic version in PDF, and EPUB
- Provide pictures, illustrations and graphics for emphasis to the document
- Use IGAD pictures when available,
- Clear copyrights on all photos and graphics.
- CONSULTANCY PERIOD
The Consultancy shall be for a period of 30 working days expanded through a period of 3 months
- Printed documents in English
- 350 copies
- Printed documents in French
- 50 copies
- Digital version of the documents in
- Adobe Indesign
- PDF in low resolution and high resolution
Paper size: 27 cm x 20.5 cm
Cover page: Art Matte 230 Gram;
Inside pages: Silk 115 Gram, off white
Color: Full Color
Number of copies:
English Version: 350 copies
French Version: 50 copies
- DELIVERY ARRANGEMENT
All printed copies shall be delivered to:
Agriculture and Environment Division
Avenue George Clemenceau
Djibouti; The Republic of Djibouti
- QUALIFICATION AND EXPERTISE
The successful firm is required to meet the following criteria:
- Publishing firm specialising in Graphic design, Communication, Languages, Translation, or related fields with minimum 10 Years’ relevant Experience.
- Certified ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- FSC approved products and process is desirable
- Strong practical background in graphic design, including the use of design software such as Adobe Design Premium, In-Design, CorelDraw.
- Proven experience designing Infographics is desirable
- Working experience in development or humanitarian environment is desirable
- Fluency in English is required
- Proof of undertakings of similar assignments will be an added advantage.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applicants should send via email
- Company Profile
- A cover letter specifying their professional qualifications in relation to this Expression of interest
- ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications
- CV (not more than 4 pages) of key staff
- some of the publication designed and printed for other purposes
IGAD Secretariat now invites eligible Consulting firms with the requisite experience to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance IGAD procurement regulations.
HOW TO APPLY
The consulting firm should submit their Expression of Interest (EOI) to: email@example.com with Copies to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Wednesday 24th August, 2022 at _2:30 PM Hrs. EAT (GMT+3). Please note that only shortlisted firms will be notified.
Administration and Finance
Avenue Georges Clemenceau
P.O. Box 2653,
Djibouti, Republic of Djibouti
Download attached ToR in PDF below
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com