To assist the Director of ICPAC in implementing and leading communications, knowledge management and outreach related activities including creating communications content on behalf of the Institution.
- Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and lead communications, knowledge management and outreach related activities.
- Conduct gaps and user needs surveys.
- Undertake public relations functions of the Centre.
- Co-ordinate the development and implementation of knowledge management, communication and outreach strategy.
- Promote and create awareness on ICPAC mission, goals and strategic objectives.
- Co-ordination of ICPAC publications.
- Co-ordinate exchange of knowledge in the region
- Co-ordinate the development and circulation of awareness publications including brochures, flyers, posters, direct mail promotions, calendars and other publicity support materials for internal and external audiences.
- Organise conferences, workshops, special events, public lectures, contests, exhibitions to inform stakeholders, communities and the public about the climate risk reduction products and services available at ICPAC and National Meteorological Services.
- Assist National Meteorological and Hydrological Services to strengthen their knowledge, communication and outreach strategies.
- Brand all ICPAC products, events, website, and social media
- Ensure all social media pages and websites are updated with relevant information
- Quality control and approval of all ICPAC products /services e
- Institutionalise feedback mechanism as part of Climate Outlook Forum (COF) process
- Develop portal where all COF related and other documents could be archived to enable easy access by users
- And any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A Masters’ Degree in Journalism, Mass Communication or related discipline
- At least five (5) years of demonstrated experience in developing and implementing effective corporate outreach and communications activities.
- Key Skills and Competencies
- Extensive experience in communications, advocacy, networking, policy reforms and conflict prevention.
- Experience developing written materials and organising press conferences, conferences and /or workshops is desirable
- Ability to work in close collaboration with staff and partners from multicultural background.
- Wide breadth of multi-channel communications.
- Experience of producing a range of marketing materials
- Good knowledge in the use of computer and applications relevant to knowledge management, communications and outreach
- Ability to establish and maintain networks of users and stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to prepare written reports in a clear, concise and meaningful manner
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of French is an advantage
The selected Candidate will report to the ICPAC Director.
Based on the IGAD salary structure.
- Contract Duration
The position will be for five years and renewable subject to performance and IGAD retirement age.
- Work Station
The Expert will be based within the Nairobi Metropolitan Area.
- How to Apply
All applications must be received in the e-mail (Hard copies will not be accepted) with the subject line ‘‘Application for Communications, knowledge management and outreach officer). Applications including Cover Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae should be received by 16th October 2022 at 17:00 HRS EAT to the following Address: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com
The subject of the email must clearly specify the title of the position.
Download attached TOR in PDF below.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org