REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS SELECTION)
Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD)
World Bank/IDA supported Development Response to Displacement Impacts Project (DRDIP I) in the Horn of Africa
Assignment Title: Selection & Employment of Project Accountant
The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of Development Response to Displacement Impacts Project in the HoA (DRDIP I), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
Objective(s) and Scope of the Assignment
A Regional Secretariat on Forced Displacement and Mixed Migration for the Horn of Africa has been established in Djibouti through a Regional IDA grant for the Development Response to Displacement Impacts Project (DRDIP) to IGAD. The objective of the assignment is to ensure efficient financial management and effective administration of the grant as well as provide all the necessary support to the Project.
IGAD is, therefore, seeking to recruit a Project Accountant to support the Regional Secretariat. These Terms of Reference outlines the objectives, expected outputs and the list of tasks as well as the reporting and qualification requirements for this assignment. (The Detailed Terms of Reference (ToRs) are attached to this REoI).
The IGAD now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services of Project Accountant. Interested qualified applicants should send letters Expressing their Interests, updated Curriculum Vitae, and Copies of academic and work experiences.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations mentioned above.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or related degree from a recognized Institution,
- Professional Accountancy Qualification CPA, ACCA from a recognized professional body,
- A minimum of five years’ work experience in executing functions as accountant/finance in an international or regional organization,
- Knowledge and experiences of computerized accounting systems,
- High level of personal and professional integrity with strong analytical skills and ability to function well in a multi-cultural environment,
- Ability to deal sensitively and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues,
- Good Knowledge of financial management policies and procedures of Development Institutions,
- Strong communication skill with ability to prepare, present and discuss findings in written and oral form, and
- Demonstrated skills in computer applications and use of software programs is an essential requirement.
- Proficiency in English Language is required, and French language skill is an asset
Tenure: The initial appointment will be for twelve calendar months renewable subject to performance and availability of funds.
Further information can be obtained by writing to the e-mail addresses below during office hours 0800 to 1600 hours EAT: