REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS SELECTION)
Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD)
World Bank/IDA supported Development Response to Displacement Impacts Project (DRDIP I) in the Horn of Africa
Assignment Title: Selection & Employment of
Assistant GIS Analyst
The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of Development Response to Displacement Impacts Project in the HoA (DRDIP II), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
Objective(s) and Scope of the Assignment
IGAD is, seeking to recruit an Assistant GIS Analyst to assist the Regional Secretariat by providing Support to the implementation of an effective GIS in the context of the Somalia grant under DRDIP project. This Terms of Reference outlines the objectives, expected outputs and the list of tasks as well as the reporting and qualification requirements for this assignment. (The Detailed Terms of Reference (ToRs) are attached to this REoI).
The IGAD now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services of Project Accountant. Interested qualified applicants should send letters Expressing their Interests, updated Curriculum Vitae, and Copies of academic and work experiences.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.14 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (PROCUREMENT IN INVESTMENT PROJECT FINANCING-Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services July 2016), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations mentioned above.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in geographic information systems, geography, computer science, or in other relevant discipline with minimum three years of experience in GIS field; or diploma with five years of relevant professional experience on the above field;
- Working knowledge and experience in developing and managing GIS databases. An equivalent amount of education and/or experience is acceptable;
- Demonstrable experience in using ESRI ArcGIS tools (good working knowledge of spatial analyst tool, ArcGIS Online), and QGIS mapping application;
- Proficiency in MS Office especially MS Excel;
- Experience in the GIS/IM in the context of disaster and emergency support/response;
- Someone who has an access to the field with limited security arrangement and local context knowledge;
- Ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with multi-disciplinary staff within DSS, IGAD, Federal Member States and external government agencies and organizations;
- Knowledge of data protection guidelines and principles;
- Strong communication and reporting skills, both orally and in writing; Somali language very essential, working knowledge of English language;
- Experience of working within Somalia government.
- Results focused;
- Good team building and leadership skills;
- Ability to develop good working relations with a variety of FMS;
- Good ToT skills including familiarity with the development of results frameworks ToT work plans and budget;
- Good organizational and communication capacity
Tenure: The initial appointment will be for twelve calendar months renewable subject to performance and availability of funds.
Further information can be obtained by writing to the e-mail addresses below during office hours 0800 to 1600 hours EAT: