REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS SELECTION)
Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD)
World Bank/IDA supported Development Response to Displacement Impacts Project (DRDIP II) in the Horn of Africa
Consultancy for the Developing of the Strategic Plan for NATIONAL COMMISSION FOR REFUGEES AND IDPS (NCRI) (2020 - 2024)
The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of Development Response to Displacement Impacts Project in the HoA (DRDIP II), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
Objective(s) and Scope of the Assignment
The main objective of this task is to produce a strategic plan for the National Commission for Refugees and IDPS (2022 – 2024) with thematic and sectoral work plans and Monitoring and Evaluation plan based on National Development Plan (NDP-9). (The Detailed Terms of Reference (ToRs) are attached to this REoI).
The IGAD now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services of Durable Solutions Expert. Interested qualified applicants should send letters Expressing their Interests, updated Curriculum Vitae, and Copies of academic and work experiences.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.14 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (PROCUREMENT IN INVESTMENT PROJECT FINANCING-Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services July 2016), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations mentioned above.
Qualifications and experience required:
The consultant should meet the following requirements:
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in one of the following fields is required: Law studies, Political science, Public policy, Social science, International relations, Economics and other relevant technical field;
- At least 5 -7 years in relevant professional experience.
- A proven track record of consulting in the area of strategic and development planning, public policy development and legal frameworks;
- Experience on providing technical support at various levels of the government related to strategic planning and development;
- Understanding of government policies, guidelines, legislation, and strategies related to social protection for displacement affected populations;
- Excellent and proven analytical skills;
- Relevant experience in related or similar assignments;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to prioritize and work with minimum supervision;
- Experience in the Horn of Africa region will be considered an added advantage;
- Language: Proficiency in written and oral communication skills in English. All reports will be submitted in English.
Further information can be obtained by writing to the e-mail addresses below during office hours 0800 to 1600 hours EAT: