REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS SELECTION)
Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD)
World Bank/IDA supported Development Response to Displacement Impacts Project (DRDIP II) in the Horn of Africa
Consultancy to review existing Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning systems including monitoring, data collection, data analyses and documentation of reports
The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of Development Response to Displacement Impacts Project in the HoA (DRDIP II), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
Objective(s) and Scope of the Assignment
The objective of this consultancy assignment is to strengthen existing Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning systems that include monitoring, data collection, data analyses and documentation of reports. (The Detailed Terms of Reference (ToRs) are attached to this REoI).
The IGAD now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services of Durable Solutions Expert. Interested qualified applicants should send letters Expressing their Interests, updated Curriculum Vitae, and Copies of academic and work experiences.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.14 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (PROCUREMENT IN INVESTMENT PROJECT FINANCING-Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services July 2016), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations mentioned above.
Qualifications and experience required:
This consultancy will require an individual expert with skills and expertise in monitoring, evaluation and learning systems. The consultant needs to demonstrate skills, qualifications and knowledge as follows:
- Masters level or equivalent postgraduate degrees in Project Management, Public Administration, development studies, economics, monitoring and evaluation and other related fields;
- A proven track record of consulting in successful Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning projects and processes;
- A minimum of 5 years of professional consulting experience, including in the conceptualisation, design, management and delivery of monitoring and evaluation projects;
- Experience in working on forced displacement programming, mixed migration, refugee, return and reintegration will be an added advantage;
- Proven prior experience in managing projects that involve field data collection, data analyses, trainings and reporting in Somalia;
- Demonstrated experience in working with governments, UN, The World Bank, INGOs, private sectors, displaced populations and other stakeholders;
- Proven skills in facilitation of stakeholder engagements/workshops;
- Must be result-oriented, a team player, exhibiting high levels of enthusiasm and integrity;
- Prior experience of working with displacement affected communities in the context of Somalia
- Proven record of constructive and positive engagement in high level policy dialogue with Governments and other stakeholders;
- Knowledge of and experience in bilateral/multilateral engagement in developing countries;
- Experience in the Horn of Africa region will be considered an added advantage;
- Excellent research, analytical and report writing skills;
- Language: Proficiency in written and oral communication skills in English. All reports will be submitted in English.
Further information can be obtained by writing to the e-mail addresses below during office hours 0800 to 1600 hours EAT: