REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) - INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT
CONSULTANCY SERVICE TO UNDERTAKE A BASELINE SURVEY FOR STRENGTHENING COORDINATION AND IMPLEMENTATION OF IDDRSI (SCII)- ISAP/SWE/IDDRSI-2019
The IGAD Drought Disaster Resilience and Sustainability Initiative (IDDRSI) is a holistic, comprehensive and regional plan of IGAD Member States that is aimed at enhancing the resilience of communities to the effects of recurrent drought and related environmental degradation. The implementation of IDDRSI involves the concerted action of all IGAD countries, development partners and other stakeholders in the region; and is guided by a common regional strategy within a framework of international cooperation under the overall coordination of the IGAD Secretariat.
The IGAD Secretariat has reviewed the first phase of IDDRSI and identified areas in which more support is needed. Among the highest priority on the list of the identified gaps are the interventions that could have the highest Impact on enhancing the capacity of the IGAD Secretariat and Member States in expediting the implementation of IDDRSI. Therefore, IGAD developed a tailor-made project called “Strengthening Coordination and Implementation of IDDRSI” (SCII) that aims at addressing the identified gaps. The project activities, which will be supported and undertaken over a period of three years, are closely aligned with the ongoing efforts related to the application of the lessons learned in the implementation of IDDRSI; and are intended to help advance the cause and purposes of IDDRSI.
IGAD has received financing from Swedish Government and intends to apply a part of the financing for recruitment of two consultants (Lead consultant and Member consultant) for the consultancy service Undertake a Baseline Survey for Strengthening Coordination and Implementation of IDDRSI (SCII).
THE OVERALL OJECTIVES OF THE ASSINGMENT
The overall objective is to establish benchmarking data/ information based on the set of indicators as outlined in the project results framework. The assessment will be conducted as part of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) of the project overtime.
Specific Objectives of the consultancy are:
- To generate baseline quantitative and qualitative data per indicator as outlined in the project result framework and M&E Plan.
- To establish targets for performance indicators at the mid-term of the project and at the end of its implementation.
- To improve indicators in the result framework and M&E Plan for each outcome and outputs.
- To develop project data collection formats/ templates that covers all project outcomes and outputs with their final list of indicators and methods of data analysis. .
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- One consultant (Team Leader) with M.Sc. or PhD Degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Statistics, Strategic Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation. Combined specialization in the above fields would be an advantage.
- One consultant (Team Member) with M.Sc. or PhD in Rural Development, Socio-Economics, Sociology, Education, Gender Studies, Geography and related fields.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in designing, implementing, managing and coordinating baseline survey/research/assessment/etc.
- The consultants should have excellent academic and research background and have proven record of accomplishment in conducting similar assignment.
- Research experience on resilience at community, national, and regional levels; institutional capacity development; gender mainstreaming, food security, partnership, designing M&E system for projects and programmes,
- Knowledge and experience of using research/survey concept, approaches, tools, techniques, methodologies, sampling, etc.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection, validation, entry and analysis using statistical software and drafting skills.
- Experience of the IGAD Region.
- Strong analytical skills on gender analysis in overall aspects of survey designing and conducting.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills as well as fluency in English.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple individuals and groups.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and professional skills in interacting with IGAD Team.
IGAD Secretariat now invites eligible Individual Consultants with the requisite experience to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance IGAD procurement regulations.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Consultants must submit their expression of interest (updated CV and copy of educational and work experience credentials with a cover letter) to the address below in person or by email no later than:2.00 pm local time on 4th June 2020. The subject of the email should read “Terms of Reference of the consultancy service to undertake a Baseline Survey for Strengthening Coordination and Implementation of IDDRSI (SCII)’’(TOR attached for further information).
Our address is:
Administration and Finance
Avenue Georges Clemenceau
P.O. Box 2653,
Djibouti, Republic of Djibouti
Women applicants are encouraged.