REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) - INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT
CONSULTANCY SERVICE FOR Developing an IGAD food security, nutrition and resilience information framework
IGAD Food Security, Nutrition and Resilience Analysis Hub (IFRAH), which is hosted by the IGAD Climate Prediction and Application Centre (ICPAC), was established under a directive from the Office of the IGAD Executive Secretary following a recognition of the multi-faceted, repetitive and overlapping nature of shocks which affect food security, nutrition and resilience in the IGAD Region, and which require that analyses are conducted at various levels in an integrated and coordinated way.
IFRAH has integrated some of the food insecurity and resilience analysis mechanisms already existing within IGAD, that is:
- Food Security and Nutrition Working Group (FSNWG)
- Resilience Analysis Unit (RAU)
- Integrated Phase Classification (IPC)
This was based on the recognition of the need to harness the interlinkages and synergies of the FSNWG, RAU and IPC analyses along with those of IGAD Specialised Institutions such as ICPAC, IGAD Conflict Early Warning and Response Mechanism (CEWARN) and IGAD Centre for Pastoral Areas and Livestock Development (ICPALD) as a basis for an early warning system that can trigger early action and prevent emergencies.
The overall goal of IFRAH is to contribute to efforts by IGAD and Member States to achieve strengthened analytical capacities and institutional mechanisms needed to support decision making processes on food security, nutrition and resilience in the IGAD Region. Thus IFRAH seeks to bring together information on food security, nutrition, conflict, climate shocks including climate change, displacement, market access and prices, human, animal and plant health from a range of relevant sources to inform decision making and support the building of resilience to shocks in the region.
IGAD has received financing from Swedish Government and intends to apply a part of the financing for the consultancy service of developing an IGAD food security, nutrition and resilience information framework under GAD Food Security, Nutrition and Resilience Analysis Hub (IFRAH).
THE MAIN OJECTIVE OF THE ASSINGMENT
To develop an IGAD food security, nutrition and resilience information framework to set out what is needed to realise an IGAD integrated food security, nutrition and resilience information management system. The framework which should inform important aspects of data collection, analysis, storage, and sharing and information dissemination will underpin and support the achievement of IGAD’s priorities and strategies that impact and depend on the management of data and information.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Development Economics, International Development, Monitoring and Evaluation, Social Sciences or other related fields
- Minimum of 8 years professional working experience in food security analysis, disaster risk management, early warning systems, drought management and/or climate change adaptation and resilience
- Proven ability to collect, verify and analyse information, and present research with a high degree of accuracy and technical quality
- Experience with data analysis, integration and synthesis
- Understanding of relevant institutions within the IGAD Region as well as knowledge of policy formation and implementation process in the region
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in written English in order to communicate complex and technical information to both technical and general audiences
- Experience in working with and facilitating diverse stakeholder groups, including government
- Knowledge of the work of IGAD and functions of its stakeholders
- Citizen of an IGAD Member State.
IGAD Secretariat now invites eligible Individual Consultants with the requisite experience to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance IGAD procurement regulations.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Consultants must submit their expression of interest (updated CV and copy of educational and work experience credentials with a cover letter) and please include two links to similar digital hubs successfully developed and commissioned to the address below in person, by email no later than:2.00 pm local time on 3rd June 2020. The subject of the email should read “consultancy service of developing an IGAD food security, nutrition and resilience information framework’’
Our address is:
Administration and Finance
Avenue Georges Clemenceau
P.O. Box 2653,
Djibouti, Republic of Djibouti
Women applicants are encouraged.