REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT
CONSULTANCY SERVICE TO MAP AND DOCUMENT EXISTING ALTERNATIVE AND COUNTER NARRATIVES TO PREVENT AND COUNTER VIOLENT EXTREMISM
The IGAD Centre of Excellence for Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism (ICEPCVE) is established to promote regional sharing of good practices and lessons learnt in preventing and countering violent extremism (P/CVE) initiatives and to bring together actors involved in P/CVE work in the region to ensure an inclusive and holistic approach. The Centre is committed to facilitating the Horn and East Africa region to move towards a common understanding of the drivers of extremism, and to contribute to reduction in violent extremism.
ICEPCVE derives its mandate from IGAD’s role to contribute to the region’s peace and security. Our mandate is to:
- Facilitate the building of partnerships between governments, NGOs and sub- national actors;
- Capture the numerous locally-led efforts to build community resilience against violent extremism across the region;
- Provide technical assistance to national governments;
- Deliver P/CVE training and other activities by partner organizations to develop broader expertise and practice; and
- Map the current research being undertaken in the region, conduct research gap analysis and commission research based on the findings.
Strengthening the capacity of at-risk communities to reject ideologies and aims of violent extremists is one of the five pillars to achieve our strategic objectives based on our regional strategy.
THE OJECTIVES OF THE ASSINGMENT
ICEPCVE is recruiting a consultant to map and document existing P/CVEalternative narratives and counter-messages in the region and produce a repository/database. The repository will be used as reference content by youth, women, civil society, faith-based and government institutions who work in the P/CVE space.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- Education: Master’s degree (or equivalent) in communications, political science, international relations..
- Work Experience: Three (3) years’ experience in database/repository development with three (3) years’ experience working in the P/CVE space
- Knowledge and experience in developing counter and alternative narratives, including good working knowledge with various state and non-state actors, including IGAD Member States and civil society. The consultant should be familiar with the push and pull factors that perpetuate radicalization and lead to violent extremism
- Proficient in knowledge management
- Excellent organization skills to develop a database that is user-friendly and intuitive
- Analytical skills and the ability to condense a wide range of content from various online and offline material, including ICEPCVE documents to contribute to the development of the repository.
Languages: The candidate for this assignment needs to be fluent in English and have excellent drafting skills. French will be an added value.
IGAD Secretariat now invites eligible Individual Consultants with the requisite experience to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance IGAD procurement Manual revised January 2017.
For furthermore information's see attached TOR.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Consultants must submit their expression of interest (updated CV and non-returnable educational and work experience credentials with a cover letter) to the address below in person, or by mail or by email no later than:2.00 pm local time on 24th March 2020. Our address is:
Administration and Finance
Avenue Georges Clemenceau
P.O. Box 2653,
Djibouti, Republic of Djibouti
Women applicants are encouraged.