REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST - (INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT/FIRM)
Video and Photo documentation-SHORT TERM ASSIGNMENT
The IGAD Center of Excellence in Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism (ICEPCVE) was established to promote regional sharing of good practices and lessons learnt in preventing and countering violent extremism initiatives and to bring together actors involved in preventing and countering violent extremism work in the region to ensure an inclusive and holistic approach. Complementing the work of IGAD, ICEPCVE collaborates with partners to strengthen the capacity of at-risk communities. One way of achieving this objective is to develop and implement training programmes and materials to contribute to the prevention of radicalization to violent extremism and the spread of propaganda and fake news.
Since 2016, ICEPCVE has successfully held several communication training workshops across the IGAD member states, benefitting participants from faith-based organization, media outlets and civil society organizations.
The IGAD Center of Excellence for Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism (ICEPCVE) now invite qualified Experts to apply for the assignment of Video and Photo Documentation.
OBJECTIVE OF THE CONSULTANCY:
In collaboration with the Global Engagement Center of the US State Department, ICEPCVE will implement an advanced three-day course is a highly practical training designed to enhance the skills of participants to produce infographics and illustrations to effectively prevent and counter violent extremist ideologies.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTANCY:
At the end of the 3-day training participants will have produced videos, infographics and illustrations with alternative and counter messages against violent extremism.
The consultant shall perform the following tasks:
- Capture relevant footage from activities at the workshop and package into a video not more than 4 minutes long. The consultant will package the videos (with voice over and sound track) for social media and alternative high-res versions
- Capture high-resolution photos, at least 60, for ICEPCVE’s database.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- University degree in Social Studies or other relevant field
- At least three (3) years’ experience in video production
- Knowledge on preventing and countering violent extremism
- Experience working with government or with a recognized national, regional or international organization.
- Ability to produce high quality videos and capture high quality photographs
- A sound knowledge and understanding of audio-visual production.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and to meet deadlines set for deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Competence in video and photo production equipment and software.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of French is an added advantage.
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The assignment commences March 2020. The exact dates will be provided to the selected consultant. The duration of the assignment is three (3) working days. The assignment must be accomplished and all related outputs must be submitted by 31 March 2020. The tasks will be carried out in Djibouti.
HOW TO APPLY
- A brief company/Expert profile, not more than 3 pages
- Two links to videos successfully produced (Do not send attachments)
- Two links to a photography portfolio (Do not send attachments)
- A cover letter specifying their professional qualifications and estimated cost for the consultancy
For further more information see the attached Terms of Reference (TOR).
Women applicants are encouraged.
- The deadline for submitting the applications will be at or before 5:00pm on 24th February 2020 and address for submitting the offer will be:
- The Expression of Interest and any request for clarification should be addressed to the following E-mail addresses:
Administration and Finance, IGAD Secretariat
Avenue Georges Clemenceau
P.O. Box 2653
Djibouti, Rep. of Djibouti