REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
CONSULTANCY SERVICE TO CONSOLIDATE AND FINALIZE A PROJECT PROPOSAL FOR KARAMOJA CLUSTER
IGAD is promoting inter-state cooperation to facilitate cross-border development, which is consistent with the objectives of the African Union Convention on Cross-border Cooperation (The Niamey Convention).
Consequently, IGAD has taken concrete measures in mainstreaming a Cluster Approach to strengthen resilience in the region. This include, designation of 8 Clusters (Figure 1) to facilitate planning and implementation of resilience projects that would address socio-economic and agro-ecological needs of the cross-border communities, opening of a pilot Cross Border Development Facilitation Unit (CBDFU) in Moroto, Uganda, a ministerial meeting at the CBDFU that was officially launched the operation of the unit and organized the first Cross Border Dialogue that involved grass-root communities.
IGAD has received financing from the EU through its Emergency and Trust fund and with technical assistance from GIZ, IGAD is implementing a project – “Strengthening the ability of IGAD (Intergovernmental Authority on Development) to promote resilience in the Horn of Africa. IGAD engage individual consultant to Consolidate and Finalize a Project Proposal for Karamoja Cluster.
THE OJECTIVES OF THE ASSINGMENT
The assignment aims to produce a complete project proposal that draw on the draft thematic areas and other relevant materials to provide a consolidated project proposal for the Karamoja Clusters.
The proposal will have one background and stakeholder analysis, whereas other project components are elaborated for each thematic areas with their respective contributions to the overall objective of the project, which is “Enhanced Resilience of Communities in the Karamoja Cluster from Drought and Related Disasters.”
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- Master’s Degree or higher in Social Sciences, with strong background in pastoral production systems, rangelands, conflict resolution, water management and related fields.
- At least 10 years relevant experience in developing a multi-disciplinary project proposal that consists of natural resources management and social sciences themes.
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of resilience framework.
- Previous experience in similar assignments; and specifically in arid and semi-arid lands.
- Excellent report writing skills, including a proven track record in writing.
- Succinct, analytical publications and reports.
- Capacity to work under pressure and availability to travel.
- Languages: English (very good to excellent, both oral and written); French would be an advantage.
DURATION OF THE ASSINGMENT
The assignment is planned to commence in August 2019.The duration of the assignment is estimated to be twenty-one (21) working days. The consultant, who will undertake this assignment, will report to the Director of Planning, Coordination, and Partnership Division (PCPD) at IGAD, through the Programming Coordinator who will be their technical focal person.
The assignment is home based and no field travels are expected. The selected consultant will be required to submit technical and financial proposals for the assignment (for further details see attached Term of Reference (TOR)).
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Consultants must submit their expression of interest (updated CV and non-returnable educational and work experience credentials with a cover letter) to the address below in person, or by mail or by email no later than200 pm local time on 30th July 2019. Our address is:
Administration and Finance
Avenue Georges Clemenceau
P.O. Box 2653,
Djibouti, Republic of Djibouti
Women applicants are encouraged.