REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI) - FIRMS FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICE FOR Establishment of an Online Knowledge Portal for Collaboration in Cross-border Areas of the IGAD Region especially the SECCCI Cluster Locations
The Intergovernmental Authority for Development (IGAD) has received financing from European Union and UNDP towards “Support of Effective Cooperation and Coordination of the Cross-Border initiatives in the Cross-Border Areas of the Horn of Africa Region”, financed by the Emergency Trust Fund for Africa. The overall goal of this programme is to prevent and mitigate the impact of local conflict in borderland areas, and to promote economic development and greater resilience. The objectives of this programme are to create greater economic and employment opportunities; strengthen resilience of vulnerable communities; improve governance and conflict prevention, and reduce forced displacement and irregular migration.
These objectives are consistent with the objectives of IDDRSI in its aim to enhance the resilience of vulnerable communities. They are also aligned with the Valletta Action Plan in regard to the development benefits of migration and addressing root causes of irregular migration and forced displacement.
The programme is being implemented in the following cross-border areas: (1) Southwest Ethiopia and Northwest Kenya, covering South Omo Zone in Ethiopia, and parts of Turkana and Marsabit Counties in Kenya; (2) The Kenya-Somalia-Ethiopia border, covering Mandera County in Kenya, Gedo Region in Somalia, and Dolow ado and Dolo bay woredas in the Somali Regional state of Ethiopia; (3) Western Ethiopia and East Sudan, covering Benishangul Zone in Ethiopia and the Blue Nile State in Sudan; and (4) Marsabit County, Kenya and Borana and Dawa Zones, in Ethiopia.
Within the framework of this programme, the Support for Effective Cooperation and Coordination of Cross-border Initiatives in Southwest Ethiopia-Northwest Kenya, Marsabit-Borana and Dawa, and Kenya-Somalia-Ethiopia (SECCCI) Projects being implemented with the following objectives:
- To strengthen regional policy frameworks, structures and protocols for cross-border cooperation between national and local governments, the private sector, civil society and international technical and financial partners in development;
- Capacities of communities, local governments, and civil society to fully engage in processes for development planning and results are built;
To ensure effective cooperation and coordination, monitoring, evaluation and learning of cross-border initiatives including involvement of relevant national and regional actors in these processes.
OBJECTIVE OF THE CONSULTANCY:
IGAD SECCCI unit would like to engage a consultancy firm or a consortium for consultancy service of establishment of a multidisciplinary web portal that will be linked to existing information systems for knowledge management, coordination, ML&E, geospatial data, and project management. It will also be linked to existing, relevant national knowledge management platforms with relevance to cross-border programme implementation.
The portal will promote sharing of up-to-date information about programme implementation, consolidate knowledge and preserve institutional memory; provide an opportunity for consolidation of tools and communities of practice; provide a platform for knowledge exchange and learning; facilitate networking across thematic and geographic areas.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Strong knowledge of web design and expertise with good analytical skills
- Solid understanding of the concepts of user experience, user interface design principles and conceptual design.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python and Perl
- Knowledge of Bootstrap, jQuery and AngularJS.
- Knowledge of industry-standard design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver.
- Knowledge and experience of Content Management Systems, particularly WordPress and Joomla and strong understanding of data modeling and storage.
- Solid understanding of performance testing, improvement techniques and caching solutions.
- Good spoken and written English for the firm team, high level of communication skills, including the ability to liaise with technical staff and present information in a clear and concise style.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Ability to plan and organize projects and activities, work to tight deadlines, and manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to understand users' needs and to customize services and products to meet user requirements.
- Experience in IGAD Region will be an advantage.
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The assignment will be phased over a six months period and will be undertaken in the phases outlined below. Background documents will be provided to enable the successful candidate to develop a design specifications, which will be implemented upon approval.
REPORTING AND CLOSE-OUT
The undertaking is a complex one that will inevitably require minor adjustments and corrections. Therefore, the consultancy firm/consortium will be expected to provide a warranty period that will allow for addressing of any bugs and errors after the handover. During the warranty period, the firm will be expected to continue to provide interim hosting as well as support, trouble shooting and helpdesk services during the duration of the contract. At the end of the consultancy assignment, a detailed report will be submitted.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested firms should submit Expression of Interest (EOI) in response to the Request, which should include the following:
- Proposed creative direction (creative ideas and suggestions are encouraged)
- Cover letter stating how the firms meets the selection criteria in the TOR and evidence of registration of the firm.
- Description and portfolio of previous experience on similar projects: name of project/clients; project size/amount in USD; project duration or contract duration (start to end); scope of work - brief description of tasks and achievements
- Brief presentation of the team, with CVs and functional responsibilities of the key people to be engaged in the assignment. Where CV of associates are used signed letters of availability for the assignment must be attached.
- Three references (with contact information) from previous assignments.
For further more information see attached Term of Reference.
The expression of interest must to be submitted to the address below in person, or by mail or by email no later than 2:00 pm local time on 10th 17TH March 2019. Our address is:
Administration and Finance
Avenue Georges Clemenceau
P.O. Box 2653,
Djibouti, Republic of Djibouti
With kind regards;